Week 10

 I had made the mistake of underestimating just the sort of workload that I would be seeing in the Software Engineering course. Just had my first taste of the first of two projects in the course and I feel in way over my head already. Regardless, it's been equal parts a great refresher and appetizer for just what sort of tricks I'm going to be making use of going forward. So far, much of what I had been refreshed on in last week's work on CodingBat has yet to be properly utilized in the labs or the project thus far. But, I'm sure that it will hopefully prove useful in the near future. At the moment I'm having a hard time trying to picture when I'll be using Maps in java. That said, the run through of what constructors, getters, and setters are was made that bit more interesting by the fact that I was doing it in IntelliJ as opposed to a more humble text editor. This isn't my first time working in the Java programming language, but that doesn't exactly change the fact that I feel like I'm learning it again for the first time. I've never had to deal with testing files or multifile assignments. Easy enough to make it through. Despite the fact that much of the bug hunting is really just showing yourself just how shortsighted you can be. I spent way too long puzzling over that exit() method.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4 Learning Journal