Week 8
Here at the end of week 8, on a Saturday. I already hope that the 'due at 5 pm' thing is only for this first, already cut short week, for, as such, this post is overdue as an assignment. The video project roster, when I last checked, didn't have the videos that I was tasked with reviewing. That fact basically defeated this week's prompt altogether. Not that I particularly mind, I was never particularly great when it came to reviewing.
In any case, the orientation for the Software Engineering course that'll be occupying the next 8 weeks of the program went very well. I already feel as if I'm going to get along with Dr. C. Though I am concerned with whether or not my Java skills are too rusty to get things going. It has been years since I last sat down and wrote any sort of code for any sort of reason. And the fact that we aren't using the same program as I did when I was studying Java code at Gavilan, granted while not wholly unexpected, is a little daunting. Then again, Sublime text is just a text editor after all. The tools we'll be using are going to be much more akin to Visual Studio Code, something I haven't used since I took that C# course. All these little call backs to previous coursework are equal parts reassuring and worrying. Reassuring as I'm dealing with familiar tools. Worrying because it's been literal years since I've used them. Here's to hoping the fears and concerns are dispelled by the end of week one. Week nine. I'll decide which that is next journal.
Comments
Post a Comment