Week 6

 Week 6? Already? I knew they said it would go by quick, but I didn't think this quick. In any case, the week's work was fairly straightforward enough. The most difficult thing about it was the mock resume and cover letter that had to be set up. It was a theoretical, taken with some seriousness, but it was nevertheless a challenge. Primarily on the account of the fact I have difficulty with long-term planning due to a bad overthinking habit. I wish I had more time to go over it before having to turn it in, but I suppose that's how these things go. 

I was able to have at least a little bit of a brainstorm regarding capstone ideas with my team. The computer game idea was somewhat well received, having been verified as a valid project type in the initial assignment prompt. The idea of a game mod saw a bit more conversation. The conversation there turned to perhaps coding a mod that integrates some degree of machine learning into the game's mechanics. This would allow the game, to an extent, to adapt to the player. Whether it's adjusting difficulty or strategy to meet the player's skill more directly. To provide entertaining, semi-renewable challenge to a game. Or to adjust the pacing to address the player's mood, providing anything from an energetic burst of action, a target range or rage room to let off a little steam, to maybe an almost Zen garden/sandbox feel for calmer moments. Obviously, in practice, I won't be able to have such a broad spectrum of possibilities across all games. But, after facing off with the same bot-logic based challenges after a while, it would be nice to have a proper challenge that keeps me guessing to mix it up with. Still haven't had that conversation with the instructor, but it might not be necessary in the long term.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4 Learning Journal